Alimstars Privacy & Security Policy
Alimstars cares about the privacy of our guests. Our goal is to provide the best shopping experience possible for you, and we strive to achieve that goal through our various shopping channels, including in-store, online, mobile and via telephone. This Privacy & Security Policy (“Policy”) describes the information we collect about you and what we do with it. By vising Alimstars.com, you are accepting the practices described in this Policy.
What We Collect
- Contact Information: Name, address, phone number or email address.
- Purchase Information: Items you purchase, sizes, payment methods (such as credit or debit card numbers), billing and shipping addresses and contact information (for receipts, shipping confirmations or order updates).
- Profile Information: If you sign up for an account on Alimstars.com, account username and password, wish list items, items in your shopping cart, product review information or other items you provide as part of your Alimstars.com profile.
- Preference Information: Contact or marketing preferences, brand and merchandise interests.
- Demographic Information: Age, birthdate or gender.
- Video Recordings: For security and loss prevention purposes, stores have a video monitoring system in place at all times that may capture your image.
- Call Recordings: Notes about your call and what you shared during your call.
- Device and Browsing Information: Information about your phone, tablet, computer or device and online browsing activity, including but not limited to your device’s information, current location, domain type, browser version, service provider or IP address. We also collect information about where you go on Alimstars.com and our technical efficiencies of your visit, such as the time you visited our website or the time it took to connect to the website or download pages.
- Social Media Information: If you use social media (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, Twitter or Pinterest) to connect with us, information that you share with us via your posts or information that you have approved the social media platform or network to share with us.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect information about you when you’re in one of our stores, on our website, through our mobile application, during telephone conversations when you call us, social media and from third parties.
- Information you provide to us: You may provide the various types of information listed above to us in-store at the point of sale or by being present in-store, on Alimstars.com or our mobile app through purchases, account setup, sweepstakes/contest entries, creating a wish list or participating in a survey, through social media by using a platform’s tools to connect with us or sweepstakes/contest entries, or via telephone.
- Information we collect automatically: If you interact with us electronically, we receive certain types of information automatically. This information typically does not include personal information unless you provide it through our website or mobile app or you choose to share it with us. We obtain this information through some of the following technologies:
- oCookies: Alimstars.com uses a browser feature known as a cookie, which is placed on your computer. Cookies are small amounts of data stored on your computer’s hard drive or in connection with your Internet browser that are transferred to your computer by our server.
- oClear GIFs: Clear GIFs, which are typically stored in emails, help us confirm your receipt of, and response to, our emails and provide you with a more personalized experience. If you register or purchase product through Alimstars.com, we may associate Device and Browsing Information from your previous browsing visits with other personal information you provide.
- Information provided by third parties: We carefully select third party companies and allow them to collect certain information by placing cookies when you choose to visit Alimstars.com. This information is used to report marketing program effectiveness directly back to Alimstars. The information and analysis will be used to assist us in better understanding your interests in our web site and how to better serve those interests and provide you with more personalized product offerings.
How We Use Your Information
The information we collect about you helps us to provide you with the most enjoyable shopping experience possible. We do that by using your information in the following ways:
- To provide you with product and services: Information is used to enable Alimstars to deliver products you have ordered, to fulfill requests that you have created, to contact you (or a gift recipient) in the event of order or delivery difficulties, and to respond to your inquiries.
- To provide a personalized experience: Through cookies, Alimstars is able to personalize your shopping experience by tracking your clicks, tracking the items you put in your shopping cart and whether you’ve visited Alimstars.com before. Other information is used to enable your personal stylist to communicate with you and make outfit selections if you’ve enrolled in Alimstars Select.
- For marketing purposes: Information is used to deliver information about our products, website or special offers to you, or to check your creditworthiness in order to offer the Alimstars Card to you.
- To confirm your identity: Certain information is used for verification and fraud prevention purposes in order to prevent fraudulent activity on your account.
- To maintain functionality: Certain information allows us to see which areas of our website are visited the most, and this helps us improve the quality of your shopping experience by offering more of the features that you prefer.
How We Share Your Information
Alimstars does not sell, rent or lease the personal information of any of our guests, but we do reserve the right to share your information with third parties to perform services on our behalf. We do not share personally identifiable information with third parties except to provide the services described in this Policy.
Third Parties We Work With
Alimstars carefully selects third party companies and allow them to collect certain information (i.e. domain type, browser version, service provider and IP address) by placing cookies when you choose to visit Alimstars.com. We use third parties to help us provide services related to payments, site activity, surveys, database maintenance, email administration, recruiting, sweepstakes and marketing. Following are examples of third parties that we may share your information with:
Alimstars continually strives to maintain compliance with legal regulations. If we become aware of or have a good faith belief that we must disclose information about you in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity, we will disclose specific information about you to the appropriate legal authorities in order to protect the users of Alimstars.com or the public.
Choices You Have
You have the following options when it comes to how your information is used by Alimstars:
- Joining Alimstars’ email list allows you to receive exclusive information about special offers, media events, new products and much more. If you’re not already registered, simply complete our sign-up form to receive these special messages. You may also opt-in to our email database in-store at the cash register. Those names are electronically added in batch to our email database weekly. If you have opted-out of our email database in the past but have more recently opted back into our email database through the store register, we will renew your subscription at that time. If at any time you would like to stop future delivery of Alimstars’ email messages, please follow the removal instructions located at the bottom of each email message. This will not prevent you from receiving email communications relating to any online order you place at Alimstars.com, requests to participate in surveys about our products or other operational email communications.
- If you prefer not to receive prescreened credit offers from Alimstars and other companies, you may call 1-888-5-OPTOUT or visit www.optoutprescreen.com to limit access to your credit report information. According to the FTC, requests to opt out are processed within five days, but it may take up to 60 days before you stop receiving prescreened offers. If you later change your mind, you may use the same toll-free telephone number or website to opt back in.
Security & Fraud
Alimstars has implemented several security measures on Alimstars.com, but you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible. Alimstars has made every effort to ensure that the information transmitted to us online is secure through the use of standardized encryption protocols, such as transport layer security (TSL).
In addition, Alimstars does not require you to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity with us. Alimstars will never ask you to provide personal information through email, including credit card numbers, passwords, mother’s maiden name, bank account numbers, ATM pass codes or social security numbers.
- Children’s Privacy: We value our relationship with our guests of all ages. We welcome parents and their children to explore our website together. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not gather or use personal information from any guest who indicates they are less than 13 years of age (or less than 18 years of age for residents of the state of Maine). A parent or guardian must assist a child in any sweepstakes or ordering activity online with Alimstars.com. If we become aware that we’ve gathered personal information from a minor, we will remove that information from our records immediately.
- California Minors’ Privacy: Minors under age 18 that are residents of California and have an account on Alimstars.com may ask Alimstars to remove content or information that such minor posted on Alimstars.com by contacting our Guest Services Team at 800-607-9788 or guest.services@Alimstars.com. We will need the minor’s first and last name, email address and social media identifiers. Please note that such request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of such minor’s content or information posted on Alimstars.com.
Terms & Conditions, Do-Not-Track Signals, Revisions
- Use of Alimstars.com is subject to the Terms and Conditions listed there.
- Do-Not-Track Signals: Since we do not collect personally identifiable information about your online activities across third-party websites or online services, Alimstars does not search for or respond to do-not-track signals.
- If we materially alter our Policy, we will notify you of such changes by posting a notice on Alimstars.com. Your continued use of Alimstars.com will be deemed your agreement that your information may be used in accordance with the new policy. If you do not agree with the changes, then you should stop using Alimstars.com and you should notify us that you do not want your information used in accordance with the changes.
- If you have questions or concerns with respect to our Privacy & Security Policy, please feel free to contact us through email at privacyofficer@Alimstars.com or by mail at:
The Alimstars, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officer
231 S Center St, Sublimity, OR 97385
This Privacy & Security Policy supersedes all prior policies and is effective December 15, 2017.